Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Beginning
OK, it's pretty simple on the surface. Last Friday I was "let go" from my job. Terminated, fired, laid off. Whatever. In any case they had decided to go in the dreaded "different direction". Where does that leave me? Well, they gave me a bit of severance (not a lot, but enough I suppose). And my wife does pretty good with her job, so we really don't need to go into panic mode. This makes me a lot more fortunate than many people who have lost their employment within the last year or so. So I guess I'm pretty lucky actually. I mean, I got "released" from a job I didn't much like doing anyway. Most days I dreaded going there. And now I'm in a position to find something and someplace I like better. So I'll stay on the positive side and see the opportunities here. And meanwhile I can sit in my house and write a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment